Skip to main content

5.13.22 - Maybe Today


Friday the 13th. A day that so many tap into their superstitious minds and feed into the hype. I want us to reflect on something different today. 

In the beginning, Light was with God. Meaning, from the very beginning, Jesus was. 

Jesus was not created or when born, than became divine. Jesus was always and will always be the Son of God. 

Jesus said, "I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End." He did not mince His words. 

This world is dark. I think believer or unbeliever can see that. There is a LONG list of what is happening, and at a rapid pace, but no need to list them all out here today. I think you already know.  

Today's encouragement is found in 2 Corinthians 4:6 (NASB '95 ed.). It says, 

"For God, who said, “Light shall shine out of darkness,” is the One who has shone in our hearts to give the Light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Christ."

What does that verse mean exactly. 

I will break it down because in that verse, lies our hope and faith! 

God, the creator of the universe created the "light" we see today. He created the sun🌞, moon🌛 and stars🌃. However, there would be a Light to come that would cast away all darkness. That Light is Jesus. He came to take away the sins of the world. Jesus did not come for the following:
  • He did not come to prosper you
  • He did not come to heal you
  • He did not come to take away your worries, fears and anxiety
  • He did not come to remove you from sex traffickers
  • He did not come to make a way when there is no way
  • He did not come to...fill in the blanks
He came to TAKE AWAY THE SINS of the world. AFTER the ONE who has shone in our hearts, and we come to the saving knowledge of Christ, that is when the above may happen. Even than, there are no guarantees. 

There will always be trials in our lives. Today on Friday the 13th, some call it "bad luck". There is no bad luck for the believers. There are only trials and tribulations. God uses these situations to draw us closer to Him. 

I want to quote from a website regarding part of this passage. 

"The gospel team (Paul's team) propagated the gospel to the lost. They gave the light of the gospel in Christ. The light is more than mental enlightenment; it is an act of regeneration. The “light” is the essence of knowing something particular—“the knowledge of the glory of God.” Christians are beacons of light in the world of cosmic spiritual darkness; they are not the Light. The medium of Light is the believer. The light within of necessity must shine out. People cannot give what they do not have."

Today, many are in a spiritual darkness and the only way to show them the Light is to be light. To be the salt of the earth. 

Time is running out dear believer. Let us make our light shine as if that trumpet, which it can, will sound off today. Maybe there is someone who you just hadn't tried to talk to yet. Make it a point today. 

Saints, maybe today. 

As the world waxes worse and worse, we, as followers of Christ, know how close we are to seeing the Light of the world in the air calling us home!

Maranatha!!

https://versebyversecommentary.com/2020/04/18/2-corinthians-46/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Date Setting and High Watch Times

I have struggled with posting this blog for a while now. I knew that many people, should I vocalize my biblical opinion, would leave my YouTube and Rumble channels. In my flesh, I was like, oh no. I cannot have that. However, the Holy Spirit gave me a strong dose of conviction. He reminded me of Galatians 1:10.  For am I now seeking the favor of men, or of God? Or am I striving to please men? If I were still trying to please men, I would not be a bond-servant of Christ. I am a bondservant of Christ. His slave. Therefore I do what He wants. I am finally " coming out ", and I could not be more at peace. God leads by peace. God also gives courage. I am leaning into that courage. It is challenging to stand against the very thing tens of thousands of people follow. Sincere they may be, however, they are deceived. They have joined forces with these YouTubers who continually pull news headlines into the bible and forcefully try to make it all fit. They give you the Jewish "f

12-21-22 Maybe Today

We all seem to pass right by the first four verses in Luke. We get to the part when our savior, Jesus was born but have you taken time to study out the first four verses? This part seems to be omitted when telling the CHRIST mas story, or as we pagans say, the birth of Christ.  Why do we, as followers of Christ, believe that a sinless man came to earth and that His sole purpose was to die on a cross for all the sins of the world. Luke 1:1-4 Inasmuch as many have undertaken to compile an account of the things accomplished among us, just as they were handed down to us by those who from the beginning were eyewitnesses and servants of the word, it seemed fitting for me as well, having investigated everything carefully from the beginning, to write it out for you in consecutive order, most excellent Theophilus; so that you may know the exact truth about the things you have been taught . WOW!! Did you catch it? As Luke penned this to Theophilus, Luke also explained to him that he wo

My Shortest Blog EVER!!

It happens all the time! Kym, you are a miserable person, that is why you always talk about the Rapture  or how about,  Kym, the world has been like this for years! Stop just stop!! or how about,  Kym, you have no kids, not married, not dating, of course, that is all you talk about.   or Kym the gig is up...we all know about you...Get a life Oh, they get worse but I will spare you the details!! I will await the crown, I know for a fact I will get. I can't guarantee the others but this one... my crown awaits... my crown awaits...my crown awaits!!   At least I will have one to cast at the feet of Jesus. 2 Timothy 4:8 in the future there is reserved for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will award to me on that day; and not only to me but also to all who have loved His appearing. This will be a short blog for a reason.  There is a rapture. One that is on the horizon.  I will give four instances in the bible of a rapture. I also want you to know that I