Skip to main content

Proverbs Week - Proverbs 31

Proverbs Week

You all know Fridays are my LONGEST blogs!! I mean come on, you don't hear from me for two days. 
 🤣🤣🤣

I wanted to see why so many women say I am a "Proverbs 31 Woman" ("P31W") 

I want to see exactly what I have been missing in the Bible all these years. I think I've stayed away from this topic because of the false names associated with it. 

Today though...

I STIR the POT

When I talk about your favorite false teacher, musician, movie, or show, you tune me out. That is fine. It still doesn't stop me! 

All of these ladies who are part of this "ministry" NEVER offer a relationship with Jesus. They offer "life tips". The female versions of Joel Osteen.

Let us examine the writers and authors. 

The President of P31W - Lysa TerKeurst  


  • She has poor theology. 
  • She is a member of Steven Furtick's Elevation Church. Sitting under that extremely POOR theology has bled into her work. 
  • She loves her some Christine Caine. Christine is a part of Hillsong and a BIG Word of Faith heretic. 
  • She has appeared on the Jesus Calling Podcast. Please tell me you know about Jesus Calling's Sara Young. 
BAD BAD BAD!! 
  • She has joined Beth Moore and Ann Voskamp at conferences

The icing on the falsehood cake...

  • She has been on Oprah Winfrey's Network. That should make any Born Again believer RUN from her. 

She has appeared on Oprah, Focus on the Family and The 700 Club and her online devotional ministry reaches 700,000 people a day.

Big-name here: Priscilla Shirer  

We all know her dad Tony Evans. If you just found that out, that should explain enough to you regarding Ms. Shirer. She was the big-name star in the War Room movie. Not recommended by me at all! Did you know that the Holy Spirit lingers in closets? When you move out, the new residents in the home can "feel it". Can someone find me the chapter and verse on that one?  
The WAR Room Prayer Closet 


She is as false and as new age as they come. She is part of the contemplative prayer people. 


People like John Piper, yes John, Louie Giglio, Beth Moore, Lecrae, and more. In case you do not know what it is, contemplative prayer IS practiced in Eastern mysticism and New Age. 


FACTS look it up, please!!


Meditation as defined in Merriam Webster, 

to engage in mental exercise (such as concentration on one's breathing or repetition of a mantra) for the purpose of reaching a heightened level of spiritual awareness.

How is that any different from mediation? It's not. It's evil and it's from the father of lies, Satan! 

WOW, this brings the Be Still blog full circle. I honestly did not know that would happen while writing this blog. Perhaps that is God-giving confirmation! 

Be Stil: Here is the documentary photo. Notice the names associated with it! 

is an extraordinary film that demonstrates contemplative reflection as a vital part of our everyday lives and as a remedy for the ills of the frenzied, fast-paced modern world...Be Still examines the importance of silent, reflective prayer as a way to truly be open to receiving God's guidance...

Do we see anywhere in the bible that speaks upon this? Are we told anywhere to do this?

  • Anitha Abraham - Website Whispers and Fringes - empowering women on a quest for more. 
  • Laura Bailey - Works-based. See here from her website, laurarbailey.com Are you plagued by constant inner conflict because you have yet to yield every area of your life to Christ? Then you will discover that your Heavenly Father can give to you everything, exceedingly and abundantly, above all that you could ask or think. (Ephesians 3:20).
Words mean something, Laura. ONLY if we yield...then?? Not sure what Bible you are reading but I still can't seem to find that verse.

  • Tracie Braylock - With an eye toward holistic health and wellness.

SOME authors they promote on their site:

  • Jo Saxton - She writes all about YOU and not much about Jesus! 
  • Jeannie Cunnion - "Her message is woven with humility, transparency, wisdom, and a contagious love for the Good News." 
Her book Don't Miss Out, well I think we all should. Miss out that is. Jeannie seems to be very NAR (New Apostolic Reformation) like. You can see some here! 
Through winsome and tender storytelling, Jeannie will:
  • Reveal how Spirit-help is superior to self-help
  • Help you experience the Spirit’s presence and power in your daily life
  • Guide you into deeper intimacy with Jesus
  • Unpack the countless ways the Holy Spirit champions you
Through Jesus, God set us free. Through His Spirit, God keeps us free. 
This is NOT true!! God keeps us free? Lordship comes to mind when I read stuff like this. 

When I used to attend Passion City Church (yikes don't shoot me), they had a woman's gathering called "The Grove" that implemented this P31W stuff. If you think PCC is okay and the grove, here check out their podcast lineup: https://passioncitychurch.com/the-grove/.

Louie and Shelley Giglio

The Grove was a TARE gathering of rich women pushing people through the door just to get the best seat in the house. 
The CROWDS of women who gathered at the GROVE.
Shoving people through. Yes, even the elderly. 

After they were done shoving one another, they would hold their Starbucks latte's in one hand, 
and "praise the Lord" with the other. 



Perhaps they should have been a better P31W

None of what the P31W "ministry" says, compared to what I read, lines up biblically. Do you want biblical truth or just the same ole feel-good nonsense we have had for decades? No life change at all. 

I feel they use Proverbs 31 as a Word of Faith, New Age mumbo jumbo spiritual "menu" to help women live their best lives now.

Again, what am I missing here that so many Christian women love?

Just google P31W




Man, it goes on forever and ever!! Like this part of the blog. 
🤣🤣🤣🤣

You will see how they twist and pervert this beautiful passage. They say you can gain perfection in all areas. 

Lest we not forget, according to them, you must not have FAITH right if you are NOT the most amazing wife on the planet. You MUST cultivate the world's best marriage and have the BEST kids. If not, well, I guess you can't get those "blessings" from God!! 

Shame on you wifey for being human! 

A P31W does not fit other women in the bible. Other women that God used in a VERY big way!! 

Women like: 

  • Ruth
  • Deborah
  • Sarah! Man, she was certainly NOT a P31W but God sure used her. A whole NATION would be BLESSED from that plan interfering rebel! 
  • Oh my, what about Rahab? In case you do not remember the story, the walls of Jericho, Joshua encamping the city, the spies who searched out the city, etc. Rahab was a PROSTITUTE. HMMMM the farthest from a P31W, yet GOD used Rahab to hide the Israelite spies in her home!! God rewarded that and protected Rahab.  
  • Priscilla. She was mentioned in the New Testament. She was the WIFE of Aquila who also proclaimed the gospel. God praised Priscilla. Now that was one strong bold woman!!  

Not all women God has used are meek, humble, submissive, gentle, quiet, and modest. I mean honestly folks, I am loud and bold for Christ. I most certainly do not fit in the P31W category. I remember years ago, false teacher, Greg Locke, told me I needed to be of a P31W. Um, we see how he treats and thinks of women so I think I will pass on his advice.

Let me not digress. 

You can also read all of the "articles" on their website https://proverbs31.org. if you think I am making this stuff up.

Here are some quotes regarding a P31W that are out there. Again, if you see this in Proverbs 31, I will stand corrected. 

Every woman who doesn’t know why she’s made will under-live her potential and lead all her life for an inferior purpose
A woman is not an inferior creature meant to be suppressed and undermined as many thought. She’s a refined creature of God designed for a unique purpose which without her cannot be delivered.
She is a very diligent, energetic, and enthusiastic woman with very special abilities to carry out the roles expected of her.
She’s a hard worker who works with her own hands and mind to bring wealth to the table in order to enrich her home.
She is a very intelligent being who makes sure her enterprise is profitable to multiply her wealth and fortunes.
She’s a charitable woman who extends a helping hand to the poor and needy within her reach. This disposition attracts God’s favor on her.
Her husband calls her blessed because she’s an embodiment of excellence and perfection of beauty. Indeed, her price is fast above rubies.

Okay...

I can go on and on here. Cleary MUCH vanity and pride is surrounding this "P31W". Many false teachers and many false doctrines. 

To end this Proverbs Week, I wanted to see if YOU see what Proverbs 31 is about. Perhaps I am missing it. 


Comment below. I am willing to learn what I may be missing!!


Proverbs 31
The words of King Lemuel, the pronouncement which his mother taught him:
What, my son?
And what, son of my womb?
And what, son of my vows?

Do not give your strength to women,
Or your ways to that which destroys kings.

It is not for kings, Lemuel,
It is not for kings to drink wine,
Or for rulers to desire intoxicating drink,

Otherwise they will drink and forget what is decreed,
And pervert the rights of all the needy.

Give intoxicating drink to one who is perishing,
And wine to one whose life is bitter.

Let him drink and forget his poverty,
And remember his trouble no more.

Open your mouth for the people who cannot speak,
For the rights of all the unfortunate.

Open your mouth, judge righteously,
And defend the rights of the poor and needy.


Where they get their "Modern" women stuff begins here!!

An excellent wife, who can find her?
For her worth is far above jewels.

The heart of her husband trusts in her,
And he will have no lack of gain.

She does him good and not evil
All the days of her life.

She looks for wool and linen,
And works with her hands in delight.

She is like merchant ships;
She brings her food from afar.

And she rises while it is still night
And gives food to her household,
And portions to her attendants.

She considers a field and buys it;
From her earnings she plants a vineyard.

She surrounds her waist with strength
And makes her arms strong.

She senses that her profit is good;
Her lamp does not go out at night.

She stretches out her hands to the distaff,
And her hands grasp the spindle.

She extends her hand to the poor,
And she stretches out her hands to the needy.

She is not afraid of the snow for her household,
For all her household are clothed with scarlet.

She makes coverings for herself;
Her clothing is fine linen and purple.

Her husband is known in the gates,
When he sits among the elders of the land.

She makes linen garments and sells them,
And supplies belts to the tradesmen.

Strength and dignity are her clothing,
And she smiles at the future.

She opens her mouth in wisdom,
And the teaching of kindness is on her tongue.

She watches over the activities of her household,
And does not eat the bread of idleness.

Her children rise up and bless her;
Her husband also, and he praises her, saying:

“Many daughters have done nobly,
But you excel them all.”


The VERSE they all use!!!



Charm is deceitful and beauty is vain, But a woman who fears the Lord, she shall be praised.

Finally the last verse!

Give her the product of her hands, And let her works praise her in the gates.

What do you think of Proverbs 31? 

This is how I read Proverbs 31 and what it is saying to godly women all over the globe!

  • This is an older, mature woman being described here. 
  • She is a great wife. 
  • She works with her hands providing for her family. 
  • She helps those in need. 
  • She invests wisely. 


WOW, she can sew! 


  • She is wise when speaking. 
  • She is kind. 
  • She is not an idle person. She is continually working. 
  • I do believe because of what she does around the home, her children see that and bless her for that. 
  • Her husband appreciates all she does. 
  • She is strong. 

This Proverb is when King Lemuels mom said in my words, "hey son, this is what you should seek when looking for a godly wife."

This Proverb is real advice for men. What kind of godly woman they should pursue. 

Still not seeing this for a Modern-day Proverbs woman!! 

This is a mature woman. NO wife started off like this. It is a measure too high to be set right in the beginning. Grace is a big part of a Proverbs woman. Grace is a big part of anyone's life. I hope this long blog helped someone today! 

I will end here. Matthew Henry's Commentary 1710

...She shall reflect with comfort when she comes to be old, that she was not idle or useless when young. She shall rejoice in a world to come. She is a great blessing to her relations. If the fruit be good, the tree must have our good word...Every one ought to desire this honour that cometh from God; and according to this standard we all ought to regulate our judgments. This description let all women daily study, who desire to be truly beloved and respected, useful and honourable. This passage is to be applied to individuals, but may it not also be applied to the church of God, which is described as a virtuous spouse? God by his grace has formed from among sinful men a church of true believers, to possess all the excellences here described.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Date Setting and High Watch Times

I have struggled with posting this blog for a while now. I knew that many people, should I vocalize my biblical opinion, would leave my YouTube and Rumble channels. In my flesh, I was like, oh no. I cannot have that. However, the Holy Spirit gave me a strong dose of conviction. He reminded me of Galatians 1:10.  For am I now seeking the favor of men, or of God? Or am I striving to please men? If I were still trying to please men, I would not be a bond-servant of Christ. I am a bondservant of Christ. His slave. Therefore I do what He wants. I am finally " coming out ", and I could not be more at peace. God leads by peace. God also gives courage. I am leaning into that courage. It is challenging to stand against the very thing tens of thousands of people follow. Sincere they may be, however, they are deceived. They have joined forces with these YouTubers who continually pull news headlines into the bible and forcefully try to make it all fit. They give you the Jewish "f

12-21-22 Maybe Today

We all seem to pass right by the first four verses in Luke. We get to the part when our savior, Jesus was born but have you taken time to study out the first four verses? This part seems to be omitted when telling the CHRIST mas story, or as we pagans say, the birth of Christ.  Why do we, as followers of Christ, believe that a sinless man came to earth and that His sole purpose was to die on a cross for all the sins of the world. Luke 1:1-4 Inasmuch as many have undertaken to compile an account of the things accomplished among us, just as they were handed down to us by those who from the beginning were eyewitnesses and servants of the word, it seemed fitting for me as well, having investigated everything carefully from the beginning, to write it out for you in consecutive order, most excellent Theophilus; so that you may know the exact truth about the things you have been taught . WOW!! Did you catch it? As Luke penned this to Theophilus, Luke also explained to him that he wo

My Shortest Blog EVER!!

It happens all the time! Kym, you are a miserable person, that is why you always talk about the Rapture  or how about,  Kym, the world has been like this for years! Stop just stop!! or how about,  Kym, you have no kids, not married, not dating, of course, that is all you talk about.   or Kym the gig is up...we all know about you...Get a life Oh, they get worse but I will spare you the details!! I will await the crown, I know for a fact I will get. I can't guarantee the others but this one... my crown awaits... my crown awaits...my crown awaits!!   At least I will have one to cast at the feet of Jesus. 2 Timothy 4:8 in the future there is reserved for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will award to me on that day; and not only to me but also to all who have loved His appearing. This will be a short blog for a reason.  There is a rapture. One that is on the horizon.  I will give four instances in the bible of a rapture. I also want you to know that I